Sunday, September 19, 2010

Design THIS!


Again, so far my vision for my site is one that is simplistic and clean looking. That being said, I think I am most likely going to rely on photos I have taken and there is the possibility of borrowing images from the internet to also decorate my page, which also may include those who have inspired me as a writer. I am thinking quotes, excerpts, and maybe links to those people I adore will be a necessary attribute to my site.

As for the design elements, I want my site to be easy when it comes to navigation (see previous blog), so I am sticking to what I know works and is pleasing to the eye by letting my graphics and photos work for me. I think Adobe Photoshop will really work in my favor when figuring out the pictorial layout of my site. I am also hoping that whatever we learn in the next few weeks will also help me make my site more creative and interesting to view. I know that I won’t have a mass media masterpiece, but I am hoping I can create something that doesn’t say “novice”, thus my reasoning for keeping things simple and manageable (at least manageable for this girl!).

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of having an inspirations/idols page, or something similar. While this is a chance to pimp out my favorite writers and some of their best lines, it's also a chance to get back to my English/liberal arts roots and write an essay or two on literature and writers that I find particularly awesome. Sometimes I miss writing ABOUT literature, but it HAS been nice having a break from that, after four years of non-stop essay writing!

    ReplyDelete