Monday, September 6, 2010

One terrible writer's site



It's so bad, it's good. That's what I found myself thinking after reading Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series. Yes, I am admitting to reading her books. How else does one try to figure out what all the hype is about?  What I am not admitting to is swooning over Edward and Bella's love story. Her premise is good. Everyone loves a love story, but the writing, not so much. I have a feeling that's why fans are so crazy for the entire book series: it's easy to understand and easy to digest. I think the biggest word used throughout any of the books was "irrevocable" and I also think that's why the word stands out in my mind when I think back to what I read when I read the books. So all that being said... I just checked out Meyer’s website to see all the Edward goodies that could possible be crammed into one website. I am really surprised to read that her brother maintains her website. I would have thought that her publishers would have been more adamant about her having a swanky big budget page, but not so much. Either way, here's a chance to decide for yourself:

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read the Twilight books but am glad that I visited the site to check out some of the hype. The simplicity of the site text probably matches the easy vocabulary of the books. I must say that the site is visually pleasing and easy to navigate. Interesting that her brother maintains the site, especially since the Other Projects and Calendar pages are empty of content.
    I wonder what the Mormons think about all this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. I would have expected something more...sparkly. You know, like 12-year-olds' Myspace accounts used to look. Glittery icons falling slowly down the page, and so on. I wouldn't have figured Ms. Meyer for flat greens.

    ReplyDelete