Sunday, November 14, 2010

Project Update

I have been struggling for the past several weeks on trying to write a poem that corresponds to my film. So far I've gotten the majority of the film spliced together and have edited the color format, etc. to where I am almost finished with the visuals and need to begin adding sound/music. The most important part, however, is the text and I just couldn't get a grasp on what I wanted to say. Everything I tried ended up at a dead end or sounded flat and uninteresting. Then I had a breakthrough due to my Seminar in Lit and Writing class. We had an assignment where we were using an essay called, "In the Fifties" as a guide to write about a neighborhood we knew or made up while incorporating some of the essay's techniques throughout. Suddenly I realized that this form would work great in my film and I have finally begun to generate ideas that are actually producing something of worth. Very exciting stuff because I was starting to panic since we only have a few more weeks left. I knew if I continued on with my poem idea I'd wind up writing crap. I am very happy to have moved through that uncertainty and am hoping to have a completely finished piece by next week that I will be able to cut and paste to fit into my film.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm excited to see the projects at the end, even if I'm still a little behind right now. Maybe now that my mom and sister went back home, I can do some serious work on my project.