Sunday, October 17, 2010

An Acute Case of Writer's Block

I don't know about everyone else, but lately I have been having the worst bouts of writer's block. Oddly enough, it only happens when I have something due for one class in particular, so maybe I'm jumping to conclusions when I throw around the term "writer's block". Apparently I am not having trouble when I write blogs and for my other class (I am taking three in total this semester) but it's really starting to bug me that the problem occurs for that one class. I have ideas, so it's not that. It's just when I start to write I tend to second guess myself. I think the real problem is being scared to turn something in that my teacher won't like, and then I get pissed at myself for thinking that way. I know I am a good writer, all of us are, but it only takes one naysayer to make you start to doubt yourself. Well anyways, after fretting for about two weeks I had a breakthrough yesterday and accomplished both starting and finishing my piece. I reread it and edited it today and feel very confident in it and if my teacher doesn't like it, oh well, I DO. And that's all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! :-)

    I'm kind of sad I haven't been doing much writing this semester, but it looks like we're about to do some writing even for this class. That's nice. I also want to try to do NaNo this year, and even if I can't finish, at least I'll get some writing done.

    ReplyDelete