Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Adventures in Technology

Do you know what's sad? When your grandmother is more technologically savvy than you. Luckily, I have such a grandmother, and I am also lucky that she has a video camera that she is letting me use for our film project. I go over and eat dinner with my grandparents every week before I go to my 8:15 class, so right before I left I got a little "how to" lesson from Grandmom. Her camera is multifunctional, so in a two for one deal I can take film as well as still photos. She was telling me what wire went to what, and I think she was playing a little dumb at certain points to make me feel better, but I got the gist of it and now I need to learn through trial and error of what I am capable of. A lot of trial and error. (The last time I used a camera involved looking for the Blair Witch house in Howard County, but getting lost in Reisterstown where eventually a man offered me and my friends a discount if we bought a pair of red alligator shoes from him. This all happened before my friend drove his car on top of a curb and got it stuck, so you must know that for all I got on film, everything was blurry and shaky as hell.) Either way, I am hoping that when all is said and done, I can quite possibly put a little something together that Grandmom would enjoy watching. I don't think she's ever used YouTube, so it will be nice to teach her a little something for once haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment