Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Toasted Skin Anyone?

Now is the time for toasting marshmallows and fall camp fires, but did you know you don't have to leave your home to enjoy that toasty atmosphere? Just plug in your laptop and sit down--no camp out-- for several hours and wallah! Tanned legs and the smell of burnt flesh. Yum! During my daily perusal of news and current events I came across this article on Swiss research pertaining to the overuse of hot objects that are placed on the skin for long periods of time, and when I say long periods of time, I am talking hours upon hours. If you're interested in Toasted Skin and yet another technological worry to well, worry about, and a little dose of common sense, check out this article:

1 comment:

  1. This is why I put my macbook on a large (thin) hardback book instead of straight on my lap--helps air circulation under the computer and also stops me cooking my legs. If I'm doing something that really heats up the machine like, say, playing high-res video, I get a couple of 3D rulers from tech drawing classes and balance the laptop on those on top of the book for max air circulation.


    Or of course you could buy a thing to put your laptop on that blows cold air at the bottom of the machine, but hey, two rulers and a hardback book does the trick just fine.

    ReplyDelete